What Freelance Services Could You Consider Offering?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and images for which we may receive a commission when you purchase through the link.
Indeed, you are not alone, many people are struggling to highlight the service that they are going to sell to others for several possible reasons such as being afraid to fail, and not being confident enough to capture more clients.
If you could take a few minutes to highlight the skills and work experience that you believe those skills could add more value for other people in terms of helping them solve problems and improve their knowledge.
It could be the skills that you learned from past experience or University.
- Many beginning freelancers struggle to identify the service to offer to clients, making it almost impossible for them to find freelance jobs online.
- The following are the complete beginner guide to help beginner determine the right freelance services to sell. Indeed, there are several most popular freelance jobs online you can consider if you have the skills and work experience.
- In case, you don’t have any special skills or work experience at all. The viable option is to put yourself into a learning mode where you continue to invest in yourself and learn a new skill.
- By listing several service business ideas, you can narrow down your research and select the most popular freelance work based on the popularity, relevant to your skills and passion.
1. Use your existing skills and work experience
One of the most effective ways to make extra cash as a side hustle is to use skills that you already have. It could be the skills you learned from your previous work or University.
In addition, many side hustlers consider using their hobby or passion to search for freelance jobs online because they continue to practice and work on those skills on a weekly basis. Thus, it would be another opportunity for them to find freelance work and earn extra income.
For example, students and stay-at-home parents are more interested in getting a short-term project based on their hobby on sites like Toptal or Fiverr, which allow them to earn extra income during their free time.
Most importantly, it would be a bonus if you have the relevant skill and expertise in the particular project. It’s because you would have a higher chance to deliver satisfactory service to customers based on your expertise.
Keep in mind that you must put yourself on other perspectives by designing a service to help people solve their problems or issues. In other words, your side hustle business must deliver value for the targeted audience or at least local communities.
2. Continue to learn new skills
Perhaps, it’s the most important ingredient contributing to the success of every individual in terms of career or financial aspects. In particular, you would be able to increase your value proposition when you start to acquire a new skill.
Another benefit of having a new skill is that you would receive a higher salary or income because you can contribute more to the company’s overall objective or add more value to clients.
Investing in yourself will make you more competent in your practical skills and knowledge, which can yield a big return on the investment in the future.
With the advancement of information technology, you don’t have a hard time learning a new skill using popular platforms like Youtube and Udemy.
3. Consider using low skill to earn extra cash
Many others ask what if don’t have any specific skillsets or passion to create value for clients, which means you won’t be able to find a better way to help the customer more?
In this case, the barrier to entry is low because everyone can easily do it such as doing delivery work for DoorDash, which means it would be hard to earn a good amount of money over time.
For this reason, you may only consider using those low skills to earn extra cash during your free time, and it must not be treated as a substitute for a full-time job.
As mentioned before, the most important aspect of determining your success would be based on your commitment and hard work to make it happens. Thus, you are committed to learning whatever skills necessary to achieve your long-term goals.
4. Where Can I sell my freelance services online?
There are many options to find freelance work from home jobs after you identify the freelance service to sell. This is perhaps the most difficult part because you need to create value for them and convince them to work with you.
From this pinpoint, the first task is to identify your target customer or audience, which you would be able to design the list of freelance work based on their needs and expectations.
In particular, conduct market research on the internet to highlight the several areas that can help your customers achieve what they want. Thus, you will continue to work on those areas to add more value to them and help them improve their skills and knowledge.
The following are several ways that you may consider finding your next clients:
- Networking with others like-minded within your industry.
- Attending the local network events- so that you may find your potential clients if they are interested in your freelance service.
- Consider using online job marketplaces like Flexjobs, ZipRecruiters, and Glassdoor to search for high-quality remote work or full-time jobs.
5. Several most popular freelance services
It’s essential to list several business ideas that you may consider choosing of them based on your skills and passion. Thus, you would be able to move to the next step: find different strategic approaches to achieve what you want.
For this reason, the most effective approach would be to list at least two or three freelance services and narrow them down by making a comparison in terms of popularity, related to your skills, and passion.
Here are 10 examples of freelance services to consider:
- Content writing jobs.
- Email marketing.
- Freelance writing services.
- Logo design.
- Graphic design.
- Marketing research.
- Web development and design.
- SEO Specialist.
- Social media management.
Bonus tip: Join Reddit and Facebook groups to search for opportunities
Besides searching for freelance jobs online on professional sites, you should also take advantage of the power of social media such as Reddit or Facebook. It’s because those social media platforms have several popular freelance groups, which allow you to learn from other successful freelancers, and professionals and search for job opportunities.
In particular, members can share their posts, ask for suggestions or advice associated with freelance work, and learn some tips to avoid common mistakes.
Originally published: https://jns-millennial.com/freelance-services-to-sell/